Elder Sister Diaries 👩‍👦

I think I stopped being a child when I turned 8 and realized that I am big sister now. The feeling was indeed joyful.

If I start from the start, I am afraid I will give too much details (as I am bad at keeping it short and crisp), but as it's my blog I think I can be the real flawful me. 

So it was a random afternoon and my mom asked me to take a nap which I usually refused to but this time she bribed me by saying "I will share a secret if you come and sleep with me", I ran and jumped onto the bed to listen to her. She told me that it can be possible that I am going to have a brother or sister soon, but as it is not confirmed yet I should keep this to myself and refrain from telling it to anyone.

Me on the other hand waiting rigorously for this moment in my life where I will get an all time partner to play, to call my own, to share my things with, to go to birthday parties with and who does not have to leave when the play time is over (this last one was the most important one).

I was so excited and overwhelmed that I ran to each and every house nearby and told each and every person I saw that I have a secret. Soon this was the talk of the town (my colony).

After a long awaited time finally I became what I wished for so wholeheartedly. I think I was the happiest in that hospital room (even more than my parents). And this was the day when I took the custest and softest responsibility (my brother) in my hands as an almost 8 year old.

Since then, even for a single second I haven't been any less concerned about him. 

I am 22 now he is 14, he lives with me in this colourless city of gurgaon but we tend to make each other's day a lil crazy. Apparently, I have never stopped being a sister since then but I did stopped being a child. He is an average 14 year old kid, all his actions are average and normal and that is my win win because mine were not. I did not had the privilege to be normal. I never was an average kid after the day he became mine, I always had to be a lil extra to make things easier for him and I guess I am not some great person doing that, I am just an average elder sibling.

But in this juggle of making things simpler, I stopped living the way an average 22 year old should live.
But I guess this only makes space for him to make mistakes and live the life I wasn’t allowed or given.
And if that's the case my love, I think I already mentioned that I was the happiest in the room and I still am.

But sometimes I think of that 7.5 year old kid who wanted to be protected the same way.

Comments